Care and Feeding of the Taurus SHO
- Maintenance Schedule
- Service and Extended Warranties
- When do I need to adjust the valve lash?
- Discount parts sources
- Service ramps
- Storing your SHO
- Where can I find that part?
- Fall Car Care
Fluids and Filters
- Gasoline smell in/around a SHO.
- Fuel Filter Replacement
- Fuel Pump R&R
- Should I use synthetic oil?
- Oil Change
- Oil Analysis
- Oil Filters
- Air Filter
- Brake Fluids
- What can kill a SHO engine?
- Crank Cancer
- Removing the intake manifold
- Spark plugs and wires
- Timing Belt Tensioner - 3.0L vs. 3.2L
- Timing Belt, Water Pump, CPS and Crank Seal Replacement for the 3.0l MTX
- Timing Belt, Water Pump, CPS and Crank Seal Replacement for the 3.2l ATX
- Rod Bearing Replacement Procedure
- Intake manifold cleaning
- Adjusting valve lash
- How to detect a bad motor mount
- Replacing motor mounts
- Decarbon procedure
- Replacing the crankshaft position sensor
- The Starter and Starter solenoid
- Alternators Information
- Fuel Pump Replacement
- Valve Shims from Motorcycles
- Valve Spring Compressor
- Emissions testing and diagnosis
- So you've failed smog, now what?
- My SHO stalls intermittently; why?
- My SHO won't start - What's the deal?
- About the rev limiter
- My idle stays up until I am not moving; why?
- My SHO surges at steady throttle; why?
- Cleaning the IAB valve
- EEC Self Test Procedure
- Two-digit EEC codes
- Three-digit EEC codes
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes for OBD II *** Note that the only SHOs this applies to are 1996-1999 V8 SHOs ***
- Other Diagnostic Tools
- Check Engine light with EGR Valve Error Code
- Idle Reset Procedure
- How to detect a bad O2 sensor
- Changing an O2 sensor
- How to inspect your catalytic converters
- Exhaust Stud How-to
- SHO cooling system maintenance
- Replacing the thermostat (without pictures)
- Replacing the thermostat (another variation, with pictures)
- Even more thermostat info
- Replacing the water pump
- Transmission Fluid (MTX)
- SHO Transaxle Drain Plug Installation
- Replacing the clutch cable
- My clutch is stiff
- My clutch pedal vibrates
- Engine Support Beam
- My clutch pedal "buzzes" above 4000 RPM
- Clutch Replacement
- What should I do with the clutch at a stop?
- Reverse grinding
- Rod shifter U-joint
- Transmission Fluid (Automatic)
- Changing transmission fluid in the 93-95 ATX
- I have an ATX, and my 4th gear stopped working!
Suspension and Steering
- Alignment problems and their effects
- Gary Morrell on Alignment
- Changing power steering fluid
- Fixing loose steering
- Fixing noisy power steering
- Gen 1 Front Wheel Hubs
- Groaning front struts
- Strut Replacement
- Sway bar end links and their replacement
- Tie Rod Ends and their replacement
- Federal Mogul/TRW Catalog page on Steering.
- Federal Mogul/TRW Catalog page on Suspension.
- Power Steering Hoses
- Brief comments on struts
- What tires should I buy for my SHO?
- What about snow tires?
- Brakes Tutorial/Bedding Procedure
- Brake System Bleeding
- Brake Job
- Rear brake squeal
- How to diagnose the ABS system
- Tool for rear brake pistons
Interior and Controls
- Air Bag System Trivia
- Air Bag Diagnostic Codes
- Fixing the steering column switch
- My low fuel indicator comes on when I have plenty of fuel
- Keyless Entry
- Remote keyless entry
- Changing the keyless entry factory code.
- How do I stop squeaks, rattles and other noises?
- Clicking CD Player Fix
- Stuck tachometer
- Moonroof maladies
- Sunshade replacement
- Sunroof Removal
- Leather, Rubber, and Vinyl Care
- Steering wheel/shift knob leather replacement
- My ignition lock cylinder is worn out.
- My back windows stopped working
- Rear seat removal
- How to fix a squeaky rear seat
- Speedometer Calibration
- Cruise Control problems and diagnostics
- How to replace the ATX shifter knob
- Lumbar Support Repair
- Replacing the Parking Brake Release Cable
- Diagnosing Audio Troubles
- Windshield Wiper/Multi-Function Switch Repair
- Hood Felt Pictures
- Running the Auto AC self-test
- Air Conditioner Cooling Fan
- Changing the AC between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- My climate control suddenly goes full hot; why?
- Resetting the gap on the A/C clutch.
- Auto Climate control button problems
- A/C Blower motor diagnosis/replacement
- Comments on AC Lines